Thursday, February 4, 2016

The Art of Creating Your Own Wedding

I'm engaged to the best person on the planet.

That's him right there.  Isn't he the best?

He proposed to me out-of-the-blue on our anniversary last June.  It happened to be the day after SCOTUS ruled same-sex marriage legal, and it was a true weekend of celebration and love all-around.  We were out at the same place we shared our first date laughing at the very talented jazz band whose leader was just OBNOXIOUS.  He called us "cats and kittens" and tried to shame the patrons into tipping.  Anyway, through our laughter (and a couple of mojitos) I said, "I like you so much.  If I had a ring, I'd give it to you."  He casually retorted, "well, I have one."  In all my eloquence I laser-focused in and said, "I need you to speak to me in real language right now."  After a single tear fell and a gorgeous ring was placed on my hand, we were engaged.

And then the wedding plans began.

Let me tell you something.  If you ever plan a wedding for yourself, do exactly what you and your future spouse want to do.  Create.  Experience joy in every step.  Understand that there doesn't have to be a template for what to do, how to behave, what to wear, who to invite, or how the ceremony looks.

We have decided to take our first steps into matrimony exactly how we plan to live our life together.  And that includes a whole heckuva lot of fun.  I don't want to give too much away since we're still 79 days away, and the beauty of it is that we have every right and ability to change (at least some stuff) at any point in those 11 weeks.  But just know that you can expect at least 2 of the following images...





Intrigued??  We certainly are!!!  Over the next few weeks I'll share some more specifics as we get into the heart of the planning as it's suddenly taking over our lives -- I mean that in the very best way possible.  It's so close!

**Keep an eye out for #JoyandAndrewNYC on social media and feel free to use it yourself if you have reason to!!

1 comment:

  1. I'm totally pulling for Princess Diana and the frozen, frolicking horse. Seriously. Please let it be.

    ReplyDelete